Meet the super-cute super dogs saving our wildlife one sniff at a time! Photographer Doug Gimesy hits the road with Rex, Oakley, Leo, Jimmy, Sonny and cover star Raasay to find out just how these conservation canines are helping to detect invasive flora and fauna, carry out environmental surveys, and protect injured animals.
Also in this edition:
- Monty Python’s Eric Idle reveals the bright side of growing up in an orphanage, the advice George Harrison gave him, and surviving pancreatic cancer in his poignant Letter to My Younger Self.
- Photographer Ami Vitale takes us to Kenya, where she joins an ingenious rescue mission to save one little herd of giraffes.
- Writer Karenlee Thompson on the adventures of being an international pet sitter.
- Anne Hathaway and Jeremy Strong discuss the hurdles of playing vectors of director James Gray’s real-life parents in new film Armageddon Time.
- Melbourne-based author Anna Spargo-Ryan reveals her memoir is an antidote, a love letter and a transparent insight into living with mental illness.
- UK band Dry Cleaning chat to us about taking musical risks, deadpan lyrics and that weird wormy feeling of being on stage.
- Chef Hamed Allahyari shares his recipe for the first dish he cooked for other people: Ash Reshteh, a noodle soup brimming with the flavours of Persia.
- PLUS! The Big Issue Calendar 2023 is now on sale, featuring portraits of vendors around the country + some of Andrew Weldon’s funniest cartoons from the vault. Just $20 from your local vendor, who earns $12 for every Calendar sold.