“Unlike the Doctor, I may only have one heart, but I am giving it all to this show,” says Ncuti Gatwa – the Fifteenth Doctor Who! In this edition, we meet new the Time Lord, who won fans with his breakout role on Sex Education, and who experienced periods of homelessness in his twenties. And we take the TARDIS on a time-travelling adventure across 60 years of Doctor Who, the sci-fi show that continues to enthral Whovians across the universe.
More highlights in our edition:
- Author Richard Osman discusses his Thursday Murder Club series, cosy crime and his inner 77-year-old woman.
- Australian singer/rapper Tkay Maidza looks back on the long road to the release of her second album, Sweet Justice.
- Singer Andrew Ridgeley reflects on growing up with George Michael and all things Wham! in Letter to My Younger Self.
- In The Big Picture, photographer Dave Tacon captures the fabulous side of extra-terrestrial life in Shanghai.
- Principal Chief of the Osage Nation Geoffrey Standing Bear discusses his community’s relationship with director Martin Scorsese during the filming of Killers of the Flower Moon.
- Author Hannah Diviney recalls her favourite childhood pastime: playing cards with her nan and pa.
- Broadcaster Jacinta Parsons explains why she gives a cooee!
- Jaclyn Crupi dishes on the catharsis of making a good lasagne and shares her Nonna Paolina’s family recipe in Tastes Like Home.
- Ozzities takes a procedural twist with an investigation into Phar Lap’s heart.
- PLUS: Support your Big Issue vendor every day of the year with the new 2024 Big Issue Calendar. Just $20 from your local vendor!