Meet your new best friend! We’re heading bark to the future thanks to the rise of super cute – and increasingly lifelike – robotic pets. In this edition, we dig into the growth of the robodog industry, where artificial intelligence might yet alleviate Australia’s loneliness epidemic, fur real.
More highlights in our edition:
- Vendors Murray from Canberra, MBK from Melbourne and Cindy from Adelaide introduce us to their furry (and feathery) friends.
- Writer Mark Brandi reflects on the love, loss and legacy of his beloved dog Millie.
- In The Big Picture, Lottie Hedley peeks behind the curtain at Hawkes Bay Coffin Club – and finds it surprisingly life-affirming!
- Sharp suited stand-up Rhys Nicholson talks money, comedy and judging Drag Race Down Under alongside RuPaul in their Letter to My Younger Self.
- Aussie filmmaker Garth Davis (Lion) chats about directing Paul Mescal and Saoirse Ronan in his genre-bending sci-fi thriller Foe.
- Drummer Daniel Twomey reveals why he and his jangle folk compadres in Lower Plenty aren’t in any rush to hit the big time.
- Cartoonist, journalist and national treasure Kaz Cooke strips back the myths and taboos shrouding menopause.
- And in Tastes Like Home, Martin Benn shares his recipe for Foolproof Braised Chicken, Capers and Olives.
Plus! The 2024 Big Issue Calendar is on sale now. Get in early and your local vendor will sort you out with this perfect seasonal gift.