Meet our cover star Lachlan: Paralympian, gold medallist, world-record holder, Order of Australia recipient and Big Issue vendor. As we gear up in green and gold to cheer on the athletes in Tokyo, in this edition we celebrate our very own sporting superstars like Lachlan – Big Issue champions who’ve represented their country at the Paralympics and Special Olympics.
“Winning gold at Atlanta Paralympics in the Men’s T2 100m was the biggest achievement of my life,” says our cover star Lachlan: Paralympian, gold medallist, world-recorder holder, Order of Australia recipient and Big Issue vendor. Photo by James Braund.
Also in this edition:
- When too much Olympics are barely enough, who better to turn to for the highlights than HG Nelson? Read ’em and weep (with laughter!).
- From naked wrestlers to the Melbourne boy who inspired the Closing Ceremony, we revisit the extraordinary history of the Olympic Games.
- William Shatner, at 90, is riding horses and swimming with sharks. The Star Trek star shares his plans to live long and prosper – and save the planet.
- Jason Sudeikis proves to be a good sport – the SNL alum tells us why his goofy, feel-good comedy Ted Lasso is a “vibe…not a show”.
- Brisbane three-piece The Goon Sax are relieved to be out of their teens and into their twenties – and they’ve challenged that relief into a new sound on their third album.
- Author Laura Elizabeth Woollett tells us why she centres the victim in her new novel The Newcomer, which tells a very different kind of crime story.
- Kiwi cook Eleanor Ozich shares her recipe for Fisherman’s Pie – looks très fancy, but it’s deceptively simple!